About Me

My photo
Fun, Love, Laughter, the joys of being a thirty something newlywed as I fight the battle of the bulge while trying to start a family and build a successful career!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shake It Up Baby Now! (Twist & Shout)

I love this song! Even just singing it to myself I can't help but have a little boogie in my seat! And who doesn't love Ferris Bueller!

I have shaken up my exercise routine and am being green at the same time! Yes, that's right I'm catching the bus to work, walking the 10-15 minutes to the office, then with backpack on back (well that is where it's meant to be) I'm embarking on my journey home!  It's too far to walk all the home, but I thought better than doing a loop in the area the office is located...why not head in the direction of home for an hour and get my lovely man to pick me up off the side of the road when I collapse with exhausting! So that's what we did!

And Man Am I Feeling It! Must be the extra weight of my stuff in backpack (note to self - travel lighter tomorrow!)

Also I've shaken up my eating a bit! Ploughing loads of room temperature water into me, it makes a huge difference not drinking chilled water - keeping me fuller for longer and not as many dunny trips (though they do make for extra movement)! Having psyllium husks with my weet-bix (Thanks Lucy) again keeping me fuller for longer.

I've always been a big snacker so am cutting them down to a piece of fruit for morning tea and approx. 8 almonds at about 3pm.  The change is amazing, so far no need to binge - I even stayed away from the yummy birthday cakes in the office! Not next week when it's my turn!!

Don't forget to enter my fantastic GIVEAWAY!!!!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Woo hoo! You are on a roll girl. Look forward to the scales giving great news due to all this effort.

Diminishing Lucy said...

Oooh! They are great tweaks!

Jess said...

Great work!!

Sarah said...

Sounds to me like you have some serious mojo!! Keep it up!!!! Well done!

Lulu said...

I love the Bueller version!
Ah psyllium, great stuff.

Carmen said...

Well done, you are really going for it!

Deb said...

How was the Weigh in?? You certainly earned a loss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails