About Me

My photo
Fun, Love, Laughter, the joys of being a thirty something newlywed as I fight the battle of the bulge while trying to start a family and build a successful career!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Not sure what to call this blog...I hope something comes to me!

Sometimes when I read my blogs a few hours or days after writing them I think I sound like a wanker.  Is this normal?  Are people really interested in what I have to say?  I have to say I'm really addicted to this blogging and writing lark and I often come up with ideas when I'm far far away from my blog.

I've always loved writing, it was something I discovered while at school and, I guess, it was the next step on from my love of reading. It's been a life-long dream of mine to write  novel one day, but it just seems so daunting and such a long process...writing little snippets about life is much more fun!

What does everyone else think?

7 comments:

Belinda said...

You don't sound like a wanker at all! I enjoy reading your blog. You should experiment with your writing if writing a novel is your dream. there are heaps of good books out there with great suggestions.
Belinda

Linda said...

Nope, no wankerishness... I often re-read mine and wonder what I was thinking.

I think of it like a photograph. An exact image of what I was thinking at that exact time. I always reserve the right to change my mind, to fail, to succeed, to whinge, whine, moan and/or groan.

And I have a list as long as my leg of writing ideas for my blog that I just haven't had the time to write yet... but I'll get there.

Diminishing Lucy said...

Ahhh Andrea........nah, you do not sound like a wanker. I have more than enough of those fuckwits in my world......I wouldn't follow one.

Enjoy the writing.

Mine is bog standard, but I enjoy it. That is all that counts.

And now go write a post for me for tomorrow.......xx

Deb said...

It;s you blog. Do whatever the hell you want!
I'm surprised at how much I enjoy blogging and following others. Have only been doing this for a few weeks, but it's quite cathartic!! (Oh oh - does that word make ME a wanker??) I love being able to use words like 'wanker' with you all too. The Americans I work with wouldn't understand it and don't use such language. They are lovely people at work, but their choice of language is never as colourful as ours!

Lulu said...

omg, I have just had one of these moments. I've had to stop reading other blogs - just for a week - so I can find my own style again. I keep worrying I'm not doing it right cos I say fuck alot.....

Unknown said...

Haha I know exactly what you mean. This is the one place where I am truly honest about everything, lay it all on the table. Mainly because my friends and family dont know about it... lol. But now you guys have become my friends too :)

Jenn said...

Sorry I don't know what a "wanker" is but I like it even though I have a feeling I shouldn't. ;-) I totally understand what you are saying. Sometimes I go back through my old posts and I cringe.

I'm kinda addicting to blogging too. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails