About Me

My photo
Fun, Love, Laughter, the joys of being a thirty something newlywed as I fight the battle of the bulge while trying to start a family and build a successful career!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year Update!!

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great New year whether you decided to get smashed or to see it in gently! Me - I saw it in gently, I was sick on Thursday and couldn't face doing anything too much on NYE so we took a drive to Kingscliffe, had a swim, an early dinner and went home. In bed by 10pm and I felt all the better for it on New Year's Day!

So, with the fresh start of a new year in mind, we've had a few big relationship talks over the weekend and agreed that we have quite a few things to work on. Notice the 'we' here - I'm not perfect either and have some things to work on too. He's put a proposal on the agenda and I pretty much said don't even bother if nothing's going to change and I can see he is making some steps to do so already! The big thing I need to work on is binge drinking - I don't do it often but it ain't good when I do.

As for work, I resigned today! I have been tossing and turning this decision over for the last few months and have taken the plunge. It was a bit of an anti-climax as my managers are all away until next week! But I feel excited that I have an end date in sight and can start looking for contract work as well as permanent roles. I really feel that I had to be brave and make a change then my energy will start working in that direction - know what I mean?  

I am really determined to set myself up in a new career this year, improve my realstionships and keep up the great work in improving my health!

PS - Thank you for all the kind words and support last week, it really made a difference and gave me good food for thought xx

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yay, I'm glad you guys sat down and had a talk. I think you should make it a regular thing - a date night with a serious twist?

It's a relief when you quit a job you don't love, right?

ladyofthehouse said...

I hope wonderful things come as a result of your talk!! Also wishing you much success as you look for new work/begin a new career.
Hope you have a great day!
diane :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails