When we have kids this is going to be a family favourite!
This is quick and easy comfort food at it's best!
I love to make it and I love to eat it!
500g good quality mince
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup raw rice
1 large onion - finely chopped
1 clove garlic - finely chopped
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp tomato sauce
Salt & Pepper
400g can tomato soup
1/2 can water
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Combine all meatball ingredients, mix well and shape into balls
3. Place into a casserole dish
4. Cover with soup and water
5. Add a few good shakes of worcestshire sauce
6. Cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 45 mins)
I like to take the lid off the dish for the last ten minutes to add a brown touch to the meatballs. Feel free to sprinkle with cheese at this stage too.