About Me

My photo
Fun, Love, Laughter, the joys of being a thirty something newlywed as I fight the battle of the bulge while trying to start a family and build a successful career!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Man Sacked For Being Morbidly Obese

There has been a  lot of discussion in our office today about the man who lost his job allegedly because he is morbidly obese. One of the ladies I work quite closely with knowns his wife and explained to me a bit of the background and that his wife and daughter have the same problem.

I quickly found myself judging them for making excuses, but then I stopped myself!

It's not my place to judge or condem anyone for their choices in life, ESPECIALLY when it comes to losing weigh! By NO means am I an expert in this area, except on how hard it is and that it take saom MASSIVE mental gear changes to faciltate the process!

So, to the man who has lost his job, I wish you all the best and hope that your fortune turns around. Good on you for recognising that a change is needed and for taking steps towards doing this! I hope the publicity you get helps you with the motivation and will power to prove everyone wrong! If anything its helping me to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to me!

Any comments......

2 comments:

Deb said...

Can you tell me more about the man who lost his job? Was it in Australia? I haven't heard about it.

Andrea said...

Hi Deb, yes it's here in Brisbane...I've attached a link for you http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1054178/golden-circle-worker-sacked-for-being-too-fat

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails