About Me

My photo
Fun, Love, Laughter, the joys of being a thirty something newlywed as I fight the battle of the bulge while trying to start a family and build a successful career!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Want To Run!

I want to Run!

I can feel that my fitness has improved and simply walking, while I do feel good I don't get that "buzz" anymore. My body has become used to it.

I want to Run!

But I keep coming up with excuses.

My sneakers are old and badly need replacing but I have promised myself new sneakers as my reward for losing 15 kigs (when I get there). At the moment that milestone is alluding me!

I actually don't think  it would be safe to run in my sneakers in their current state - at least not on the foot path anyway, they would be ok on a treadmill but I don't have one nor do I have a gym membership (anymore).

I stayed the same at weigh in this week - so I have 2.4 kgs to be rid of before 15 are gone forever.

I think I'll keep walking for now, keep eating well and see what the scales say later in the week!

I want to RUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

4 comments:

Wanderlust said...

Run Andrea, RUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Catherine F. said...

Woo hoo! Go girl - running, walking, skipping, heck anything is good! If you want a chuckle about my recent 'urge' to run check out one of my posts on the Butt Bra - get the picture straight away!

Diminishing Lucy said...

Andrea, the sneakers I first had were teh crappiest old things - honestly, whatever you have, they will work.

Have you got the Couch to 5km podcasts?

The first runs of that program are only a minute. Any old sneakers can take that.

RUN! xx

Don't think it...Do it! said...

I am going to disagree with the others!!!
I thought I would wear my old runners, because I don't want to go out and spend money if the running thing is just a phase!
Within 4 months I had achilles heel issues, a tracking knee (one that goes to one side instead of straight) and blisters on one foot. Now blisters shouldn't be a problem, but it meant that that one foot meant I was pronating my ankle.
As a result I had to buy new shoes, fitted for my shoe and my running style...and I am still trying to fix my foot issues!
Get a good pair of shoes first...and a good bra! Best two purchases I ever did and wish I had done it when I first started running!
The C25K podcast is awesome! Got me running, and I still am...and planning a half marathon next year!
Good luck! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails